June 04, 2015

Nothing Like a Little Late Night Plumbing

This afternoon during schedule maintenance time I found a considerable leak in the station 3 irrigation head between courts 3&4. Because I was already scheduled on-court all day, I had to put-off the repairs until the days tennis was complete. Finally around 9:15 I was able to start the excavation. Here are some photos : 
First I dug out the damaged head. 
Then I removed the inside of the head to identify the problem before unnecessarily going further underground. 
The new utility light on the front of my service cart came in very handy. Special thanks to "Big Jim" in the maintenance department for recently installing this for my night time duties. It was so bright ! From now on I am naming my cart "R2D2" 👍🏻
Next, I removed the old head casing, careful not to allow stones and debris to fall into the water line. 
Finally, I installed the new head. One of 6 that I ordered in the spring for just this occasion ! I will come out tomorrow morning and test the new installation in the day light.