May 23, 2018

9 Days and Counting

As many of my blog subscribers have learned, every spring I remove the previous season's Har-Tru and install the new material for the upcoming summer. Old Har-Tru doesn't hold moisture very well, so it must be replaced annually.  

Due to the trauma the courts went through this spring from the replacement of the irrigation system, I needed to install 5 extra pallets of new material to fill-in the depressions in the courts.  28,000 lbs of new material.  

With all the work underneath the playing surface, it will be a challenging year to create the quality that I'm used.  I ask that you be patient as I make adjustments to the courts throughout the upcoming season.  Clay courts are a living, breathing combination of aggregate, water, air and changing temperatures that are in constant need of attention to ensure the highest playability.  

If you have time in the next few days, stop by and check out the newly designed fencing and patios that are being installed.  I hope you enjoy the new tennis facility. 



William has been learning to string racquets this winter.  In a few more years he'll be ready to string racquets on his own.